Bioinformatics Analysis for Respiratory
Respiratory diseases include acute and chronic inflammation of the upper and lower respiratory tract, and respiratory allergic diseases. Common respiratory diseases include pulmonary fibrosis, mesothelioma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and lung cancer. Respiratory tract infection is a common clinical disease. Worldwide, the incidence and fatality rate of respiratory infections among common diseases in adults and children ranks second only to ischemic heart disease in the global disease burden rankings. Respiratory tract infections can be caused by many pathogens such as bacteria, viruses, and fungi. Pathogen detection is the basis for precise treatment of lung infections and a prerequisite for effective disease prevention and control. However, the pathogens of respiratory tract infections are complicated, and it is difficult to judge pathogens in clinical diagnosis. With the development of sequencing technology and bioinformatics technology, related researches on respiratory diseases have been accelerated.
Application of Bioinformatics in the Research of Respiratory
Bioinformatics is an emerging interdisciplinary subject that integrates, analyzes, mines and manages various high-throughput biological data. At present, the rapid development of various frontier disciplines of life sciences and modern medicine relies on the application of various omics (such as genome, proteomics, transcriptome, metagenomics, etc.) and the analysis of massive data of various omics. Bioinformatics is indispensable supporting technology to obtain effective information from massive data. Bioinformatics has also been applied to various fields of respiratory diseases. For example, in recent years, it has been applied to major new infectious disease epidemics (such as COVID -19) and other related research. Bioinformatics has played a vital role in pathogen identification, traceability and evolution analysis. At the same time, pathogen spectrum research based on metagenomics and bioinformatics analysis has also become one of the important methods to deal with potential new and recurring infectious diseases.
Fig 1. Variants in FAM13A are associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. This figure shows the regional correlation diagram of the signal at the FAM13A locus. (Boutaoui N, et al. 2010)
How We Can Help Your Respiratory Research
By combining our expertise in bioinformatics analysis with our extensive knowledge in the field of respiratory, from preclinical to clinical, we can support your disease research at every stage. Our bioinformatics service can help you with:
- Through genetic microbiology data analysis, it helps to detect pathogens of respiratory infections.
- Through meta-analysis, mining environmental factors or genetic factors related to disease occurrence.
- Through genome-wide association analysis, mining the correlation between genetic and phenotypic traits.
- Biomarker identification: identification of biomarkers used to measure drug efficacy and mechanism of action
- Combine multi-omics (such as genome, transcriptome, proteome, metabolome) to study the mechanism of disease occurrence.
- SNP genotype analysis and DNA sequence analysis are used to detect new SNPs related to disease or drug response and identify genomic loci related to respiratory disease conditions.
Our customized solutions utilize the most advanced methods and are tailored to the data types and needs of each project.
Advantages of CD Genomics
- CD Genomics provides a one-stop bioinformatics data analysis service, and customers only need to provide raw data.
- Since there are many ready-made and available data in different diseases databases, we provide data downloading and mining services.
- A team of data analysis experts with rich experience in respiratory projects.
- Accurate, efficient, and repeatable analysis results.
- Complete and easy-to-understand final report and report interpretation services.
- Provide different types of high-throughput sequencing or microarray services.
If you have any questions about the data analysis cycle, analysis content and price, please click online inquiry.
Biomedical-Bioinformatics, as a division of CD Genomics, provides established, cost-efficient, and rapid turnaround respiratory data analysis services for biomedical researchers or doctors. For respiratory-related research, CD Genomics not only provides bioinformatics data analysis services, but can also help researchers formulate appropriate technical routes and provide related technical services according to the research purposes of the researchers, such as from experiments to sequencing to data analysis or download data to data reports. As one of the experienced biological information analysis service providers, CD Genomic provides researchers with high-quality personalized data analysis and chart production services. For more detailed information, such as sequencing, data downloaded, or data analysis services and others chart production services, please feel free to contact us.
- Boutaoui N, et al. Variants in FAM13A are associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease[J]. Nature Genetics, 2010, 42(3):200.
- Iwona Z S, et al. Susceptibility loci in lung cancer and COPD: association of IREB2 and FAM13A with pulmonary diseases[J]. Scientific Reports, 2015, 5:13502.
* For research use only. Not for use in clinical diagnosis or treatment of humans or animals.
Please submit a detailed description of your project. Our industry-leading scientists will review the information provided as soon as possible. You can also send emails directly to for inquiries.