miRNA and mRNA Integration Analysis
MicroRNA (miRNA) is an endogenous, single-stranded, non-coding regulatory small molecule that acts by inhibiting gene expression in organisms. Each miRNA can have multiple target genes, and at the same time, a gene may also be regulated by multiple miRNAs. Therefore, this complex regulatory network can not only regulate the expression of multiple genes through one miRNA, but also fine-tune the expression of a certain gene through the combination of several miRNAs.
Through miRNA and mRNA integration analysis, the interaction or regulation mechanism can be analyzed more accurately. First, miRNA sequencing can be used to identify miRNA and obtain the relationship between miRNA and the target gene. It can then be used to analyze the differential expression of miRNA and mRNA, identify key miRNAs and genes, and use the miRNA-target gene network regulation diagram to directly show that miRNA regulates multiple target genes and the same target gene is regulated by multiple miRNAs. Through the integration and analysis of these two data, the regulatory mechanism in the process of gene expression can be explored.
Figure1. Two distinct sub-networks miRNA-mRNA deregulated in cardiac cachexia. (Moraes, L.N, et al. 2017)
In the field of biomedicine, the miRNA and mRNA integration analysis is mainly used in basic disease research, such as research on the regulation mechanism of disease occurrence and development, and biomarker discovery.
What We Offer
CD Genomics provides a one-stop miRNA and mRNA data analysis service for doctors and medical researchers, and provides researchers with mature, cost-effective and fast turnaround analysis services for miRNA and mRNA integrated analysis. The raw input miRNA data and mRNA data can be produced from different sequencing platforms (including next-generation, third-generation and microarray data, etc.), and we can use various formats of data for analysis such as raw data files, or other intermediate data formats. We provide customers with the following services:
- Professional data analysts evaluate and filter the data, formulate the optimal analysis plan, and perform data analysis.
- According to the analysis needs of customers, develop a personalized analysis plan, or develop a personalized chart summarizing the results.
- Post-report follow-ups: We provide professional analysis report interpretation service and biological interpretation of analysis results.
- The fast analysis cycle accelerates the pace of your research.
Data Analysis Technical Route
Fig 2. Flow chart showing miRNA and mRNA integration analysis.
Analysis Content Includes:
Based on miRNA sequencing data and mRNA data, CD Genomics provides you with a one-stop data analysis service. In addition to the following regular analysis content, we can also provide personalized analysis services according to your needs.
- mRNA and miRNA raw data quality control.
- Differential expression analysis of mRNA and miRNA.
- KEGG pathway enrichment analysis and GO enrichment analysis of differentially expressed mRNA.
- miRNA and target gene interaction analysis (interaction network diagram).
- mRNA and miRNA target gene intersection analysis, including gene analysis of positive correlation and negative correlation.
- Perform functional analysis of related genes, including KEGG pathway enrichment analysis and GO enrichment analysis.
Other analysis needs, such as transcription factor analysis, analysis of the association between transcription factors and miRNA.
Before data analysis, the first thing is to get your data ready. The raw data or intermediate data can be obtained from the following channels:
In order to process data more efficiently, we prefer to receive data files in the raw format, but we can also accept pre-normalized files. In addition, if you have any questions about the data analysis cycle, analysis content and price, please click online inquiry.
For miRNA and mRNA integration analysis, if you have not generated the raw data, CD Genomics also provides you with sequencing services, and we will formulate a suitable miRNA and mRNA sequencing program according to your research purposes. Alternatively, we are able to provide services for obtaining and mining data from different RNA databases, research-related disease databases, or miRNA databases (such as microRNA.org, TargetScan, miRanda, etc.). For more detailed information, please feel free to contact us.
- Moraes, L.N, et al. Integration of miRNA and mRNA expression profiles reveals microRNA-regulated networks during muscle wasting in cardiac cachexia[J]. Sci Rep 7, 6998 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-017-07236-2.
- Guo, L. et al. miRNA and mRNA expression analysis reveals potential sex-biased miRNA expression[J]. Sci Rep 7, 39812 (2017).
* For research use only. Not for use in clinical diagnosis or treatment of humans or animals.
Please submit a detailed description of your project. Our industry-leading scientists will review the information provided as soon as possible. You can also send emails directly to for inquiries.