Metabolic Network Analysis
Metabolism is at the end of the regulation of life activities. It is the chemical engine that drives life processes. It generates energy to drive various cellular processes, degrades and synthesizes many different molecules. The metabolic network represents all the biochemical reactions in the cell as a network, reflecting the interaction between all the compounds involved in the metabolic process and all the catalytic enzymes, and is an abstract expression of cell metabolism. Studying metabolic networks can help us better understand and utilize cellular metabolic processes, thereby promoting the development of basic disease research and drug development. On the other hand, the topological structure of the network is a reflection of the formation and evolution of the network. Studying the structural characteristics of the metabolic network can help us understand the formation and evolution mechanism of the metabolic network, so as to better understand the occurrence and development of diseases and the evolution of life.
- Metabolism determines the health of cells to a large extent, and therefore also determines the health of the entire organism. Through metabolic network analysis, you can study related diseases, such as diabetes, cancer, etc.
- More and more evidence shows that the interaction between host metabolism and human microbiota metabolism can affect the occurrence of diseases. Through metabolic network analysis, obesity, cardiovascular disease and metabolic syndrome-related diseases can be studied.
- The main biomedical applications of human tissue and cell-specific metabolic network models are predicting biomarkers and drug targets for different diseases and analyzing metabolic pathways.
Fig 1. Constraint-based analysis of human genome-scale metabolic network models has several biomedical applications. (Fouladiha H, Marashi S A. 2017)
What We Offer
As one of the global biological information analysis service providers, CD Genomics provides established, cost-efficient, and rapid turnaround analysis services for metabolic network analysis for doctors and researchers, aiming to help researchers or doctors study molecular mechanisms of diseases and discover new drug targets from a systematic perspective. CD Genomics provides customers with the following services:
- According to the analysis needs of customers, develop a personalized analysis plan, or develop a personalized chart.
- Provide a complete interactive data analysis report, including all analysis methods and results.
- Post-report follow-ups: We provide professional analysis report interpretation service and biological interpretation of analysis results.
- Fast turnaround time: We help you achieve your research goals quickly and in a timely manner.
Data Analysis Technical Route
The reconstruction of the metabolic network for a specific species through the genome database is the basis for the structural and functional analysis of the metabolic network. Based on the genome annotation information of the species, combined with the related enzyme reaction database, all the metabolic reactions included in the metabolic network can be determined.
Fig 2. Gene-based metabolic network reconstruction analysis process.
Transfer raw sequencing data or experimental data
Develop an analysis plan
Perform metabolic network analysis
Before data analysis, the first thing is to get your data ready. CD Genomics provides customers with one-stop data analysis services. You only need to provide raw data or analysis requirements (we provide sequencing services and services to obtain data from public databases), and we will complete the entire analysis for you. For metabolic network analysis, if you have any questions about the data analysis cycle, analysis content and price, please click online inquiry.
Biomedical-Bioinformatics, as a division of CD Genomics, provides one-stop metabolic network analysis services for biomedical researchers. With years of experience in biological data analysis, CD Genomics' analysis engineers will provide you with the most appropriate analysis strategy based on your data, and generate high-quality results and charts that can be used for publication. For more detailed information about our data analysis services, please feel free to contact us.
- Fouladiha H, Marashi S A. Biomedical applications of cell- and tissue-specific metabolic network models[J]. Journal of Biomedical Informatics, 2017, 68:35.
- Dunphy LJ, Papin JA. Biomedical applications of genome-scale metabolic network reconstructions of human pathogens[J]. Curr Opin Biotechnol. 2018 Jun; 51:70-79.
* For research use only. Not for use in clinical diagnosis or treatment of humans or animals.
Please submit a detailed description of your project. Our industry-leading scientists will review the information provided as soon as possible. You can also send emails directly to for inquiries.