Bioinformatics Analysis for Liver Diseases
There are many types of liver diseases, such as acute and chronic hepatitis, cirrhosis and liver cancer caused by the common hepatitis B virus. At the same time, with the use of various drugs, drug-related liver diseases have increased year by year, such as the common non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). The liver, as an important organ of body metabolism, once damaged, will affect the function of various organs in the body. Among them, liver failure is an extreme manifestation of severe liver damage, which can be manifested as hepatic encephalopathy, hepatorenal syndrome, abnormal blood coagulation and so on. Studies have shown that after liver disease occurs, it will not only cause damage to liver function, but also cause systemic metabolic disorders. The most common are aromatic/branched-chain amino acid metabolism disorder and electrolyte imbalance. At present, the detection technology of electrolytes in clinical has been relatively perfect, but the detection of metabolites still lacks a comprehensive detection technology.
Application of Bioinformatics in the Research of Liver Diseases
The concept of genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics and other omics has provided researchers with a new way of studying diseases as a whole. Metabolomics is the most downstream discipline of systems biology. The dynamic changes of the quality and quantity of metabolites produced by pathophysiological stimuli or genetic modification of major postgraduates provide a new technical means for the detection of metabolites. Analyzing this overall research model data through bioinformatics methods can provide a comprehensive understanding of the changing laws of metabolites during the occurrence and development of diseases, which is of great significance for the study of pathogenesis and disease diagnosis, treatment and efficacy evaluation.
Fig 1. Lipid metabolism in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. (Mato JM, et al. 2019)
How We Can Help Your Liver Disease Research
By combining our expertise in bioinformatics analysis with our extensive knowledge in the field of liver diseases, from pre-clinical to clinical, we can provide support for your research at every stage of disease research. Our bioinformatics service can help:
- Metabolomics data analysis: monitor the changes of the metabolic spectrum before and after the occurrence of drug-induced liver failure and before and after bioartificial liver treatment, combined with multivariate data analysis methods, to evaluate the effectiveness of the metabolic spectrum in the diagnosis and prognosis of liver failure animal models. Study the metabolic spectrum of the urine of patients with chronic active hepatitis B, liver cirrhosis, liver cancer and other parts of inflammation and tumors.
- Meta-analysis: Explore factors related to liver disease by integrating phenotype and environmental or genetic factors.
- Genome-wide association analysis: Mine genetic factors related to the occurrence of liver diseases.
- Biomarker and target discovery: Identify disease markers and biomarkers used to measure drug efficacy and mechanism of action.
- Multi-omics data analysis: Comprehensive study of the pathogenesis of various liver diseases, marker discovery, etc.
An Example of a Data Analysis Process
CD Genomics provides a one-stop bioinformatics data analysis service, and customers only need to provide raw data. The flowchart below shows the general process of metabolomics data analysis for disease research.
Biomedical-Bioinformatics, as a division of CD Genomics, not only provides researchers with high-quality personalized data analysis and chart production services, but also provides sequencing and data mining services. If you have any questions about the data analysis cycle, analysis content and price, please feel free to click online inquiry.
As one of the experienced biological information analysis service providers, CD Genomics provides established, cost-efficient, and rapid turnaround liver disease data analysis services for biomedical researchers and doctors. For liver disease research, CD Genomics not only provides bioinformatics data analysis services, but also helps researchers formulate appropriate technical routes and provide related technical services according to the researchers' research purposes. More importantly, we provide you with a full range of data analysis services to help you save time for wet experimental research. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us!
- Mato JM, et al. Biomarkers and subtypes of deranged lipid metabolism in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease[J]. World J Gastroenterol. 2019 Jun 28;25(24):3009-3020.
- Perakakis N, et al. The role of omics in the pathophysiology, diagnosis and treatment of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease[J]. Metabolism. 2020 Oct;111S:154320.
* For research use only. Not for use in clinical diagnosis or treatment of humans or animals.
Please submit a detailed description of your project. Our industry-leading scientists will review the information provided as soon as possible. You can also send emails directly to for inquiries.