Bioinformatics Analysis for Gastrointestinal Research
The gastrointestinal tract is the body's largest immune organ and the body's largest detoxification organ. The gastrointestinal tract refers to the digestive tract from the stomach pylorus to the anus. Common gastrointestinal diseases are: gastritis, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, appendicitis, irritable bowel syndrome, etc. Nowadays, the incidence of gastrointestinal diseases is high, and its long course, difficult treatment, and recurrent attacks are all characteristics of gastrointestinal diseases. Due to the complex pathogenesis of gastrointestinal diseases, the genetic mechanism of its biological research has brought many difficulties. In addition, there are a large number of microorganisms inhabiting the human intestines, which play an important role in digestion and absorption, energy metabolism, immune regulation, and disease resistance, and are related to the occurrence and development of many diseases. The study of intestinal flora by biological means is of great significance for clinical treatment.
Application of Bioinformatics in the Research of Gastroenterology
With the development of sequencing technology and the arrival of the post-genome era, molecular biologists can conduct more detailed gastrointestinal disease research through the data analysis of DNA (genome), mRNA (transcriptome), microorganisms (metagenomics) and protein sequences (proteome). For example, the analysis of proteomics data provides a new and effective research method for studying protein-level life activities. Through the differential analysis of protein expression in different tissues or samples, it can reflect the changes in protein expression of birth objects at different times and states, analyze and compare the changes and differences of the proteome under different conditions, discover and identify the different components of the proteome under different physiological conditions, and reveal certain biological phenomena and the law of disease occurrence. In addition, the gastrointestinal flora gene chip and metagenomic sequencing data are analyzed to provide a data basis for the research on the gastrointestinal flora and provide references for clinical research. Bioinformatics continues to be used in the research of various gastrointestinal diseases, and plays a huge role in elucidating the pathogenesis, diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal diseases.
Fig 1. An Example of a genome-proteome-disease sub-network of Crohn's disease. (Suhre K, et al. 2017)
How We Can Help Your Gastroenterology Research
By combining our expertise in bioinformatics analysis with our extensive knowledge in the field of gastrointestinal, from pre-clinical to clinical, we can support your disease research at every stage. Our bioinformatics service can help you with:
- SNP genotype analysis and DNA sequence analysis are used to detect new SNPs related to disease or drug response and identify genomic loci related to gastrointestinal disease conditions.
- Biomarker identification: identification of biomarkers used to measure drug efficacy and mechanism of action
- Based on different omics data, meta-analysis of gastrointestinal diseases and health samples.
- Combine multi-omics (such as genome, transcriptome, proteome, metabolome) to study the mechanism of disease occurrence.
- Gastrointestinal microbial analysis, looking for pathogenesis or marker analysis.
Our customized solutions utilize the most advanced methods and are tailored to the data types and needs of each project.
Advantages of CD Genomics
- CD Genomics provides a one-stop bioinformatics data analysis service, and customers only need to provide raw data.
- A team of data analysis experts with rich experience in gastroenterology projects.
- Complete and easy-to-understand final report and report interpretation services.
- Accurate, efficient, and repeatable analysis results.
- Provide data downloading service and sequencing service.
If you have any questions about the data analysis cycle, analysis content and price, please click online inquiry.
Biomedical-Bioinformatics, as a division of CD Genomics, provides established, cost-efficient, and rapid turnaround gastrointestinal disease data analysis services for biomedical researchers or doctors. For gastroenterology research, CD Genomics not only provides bioinformatics data analysis services, but can also help researchers formulate appropriate technical routes and provide related technical services according to the research purposes of the researchers, from experiments to sequencing to data analysis. As one of the experienced biological information analysis service providers, CD Genomic provides researchers with high-quality personalized data analysis and chart production services. For more detailed information, such as sequencing or data analysis services and other chart production services, please feel free to contact us. We wholeheartedly look forward to serving you!
- Suhre K, et al. Connecting genetic risk to disease end points through the human blood plasma proteome[J]. Nature Communications, 2017, 8:14357.
- Morgan X C, et al. Associations between host gene expression, the mucosal microbiome, and clinical outcome in the pelvic pouch of patients with inflammatory bowel disease[J]. Genome biology, 2015, 16(1):67.
* For research use only. Not for use in clinical diagnosis or treatment of humans or animals.
Please submit a detailed description of your project. Our industry-leading scientists will review the information provided as soon as possible. You can also send emails directly to for inquiries.