DNA Methylation Analysis
Biomedical-Bioinformatics, a division of CD Genomics, provides customers with high-quality DNA methylation analysis, which aims to help researchers or doctors study gene expression level changes from the DNA methylation level.
Methylation is a form of chemical modification of DNA and an important modification of proteins and nucleic acids. It can regulate the expression and shutdown of genes without changing the DNA sequence, and change the genetic performance. It is closely related to the occurrence of many diseases such as cancer, aging, and Alzheimer's, and is one of the important research contents of epigenetics. DNA methylation is a form of DNA chemical modification, in which specific bases in the DNA sequence are catalyzed by DNA methyltransferase (DNMT), and S-adenosylmethionine (SAM) is used as the methyl group. The base donor is a chemical modification process in which a methyl group is obtained by covalent bonding. A large number of studies have shown that DNA methylation can cause changes in chromatin structure, DNA conformation, DNA stability, and the way in which DNA interacts with proteins, thereby controlling gene expression. This means that the role of DNA methylation is also a means of gene regulation.
An Example showing results of methylation-based analysis
Fig 1. Comparison of three DNA methylation-based biomarkers of aging. (Horvath S, et al. 2018)
In the field of biomedicine, DNA methylation analysis is widely used in various directions:
- DNA methylation profile analysis and discovery of biomarkers based on methylation.
- Multi-omics joint analysis of DNA methylation, SNP and RNA-seq helps researchers to infer the regulatory mechanism among DNA methylation, genome variation and gene expression.
- Analysis of mutations related to m6A modification, as well as analysis of RBP binding regions, miRNA-targets and splice sites related to mutations.
- Analysis of the interaction between DNA methylation, gene expression and cancer.
What We Offer
CD Genomics relies on years of experience in sequencing and bioinformatics data analysis to provide doctors and researchers with established, cost-efficient, and rapid turnaround data analysis services of DNA methylation analysis. CD Genomics provides different software or packages to perform DNA methylation analysis and visual analysis for researchers to meet their personalized needs. In addition, you only need to provide us with your original data (including different of DNA methylation sequencing data) or data analysis requirements, we will be responsible for all the follow-up matters of the project, and finally provide you with a complete and easy-to-interpret analysis report, the generated high-quality results and chart can be directly used for article publication. We provide researchers with the following data analysis services:
- Communicate DNA methylation analysis needs.
- Develop an analysis plan (including the selection of analysis strategies and software).
- DNA methylation analysis and personalized analysis content.
- Generate a comprehensive report.
- Repeatable analysis results and fast analysis process.
Data Analysis Technical Route
Fig 2. DNA methylation analysis flow chart.
Before data analysis, the first thing is to get your data ready. For DNA methylation analysis, the raw input data can be experimental raw data generated in your own laboratory or that of a 3rd party provider or downloaded from public databases.
For DNA methylation analysis services, if you have any questions about the data analysis cycle, analysis content and price, please click online inquiry.
With years of experience in biological data analysis, CD Genomics' analysis engineers will provide you with the most appropriate analysis strategy based on your data, and generate high-quality results and charts that can be used for paper publication. In addition to providing biological information data analysis, we also provide customers with high-throughput sequencing services and services for mining and downloading data from open databases. For more detailed information about our services, please feel free to contact us.
- Horvath S, Raj K. DNA methylation-based biomarkers and the epigenetic clock theory of ageing[J]. Nature Reviews Genetics, 19, pages371–384 (2018).
- Koch A, et al. Analysis of DNA methylation in cancer: location revisited[J]. Nat Rev Clin Oncol. 2018 Jul;15(7):459-466.
* For research use only. Not for use in clinical diagnosis or treatment of humans or animals.
Please submit a detailed description of your project. Our industry-leading scientists will review the information provided as soon as possible. You can also send emails directly to for inquiries.