Development and Operation Engineer
CD Genomics is a bioinformatics service provider that performs data analysis, mining and integration projects for global companies and research institutions. We are currently in a period of sustained and rapid growth and are looking for talented people to join our operations team as Development and Operations Engineers (DevOps).
We are looking for a full-time DevOps engineer to help manage and develop our IT infrastructure. This is an exciting opportunity to join a mid-sized bioinformatics company in New York. We currently have an excellent reputation for custom bioinformatics analysis, and it has been growing continuously over the past few years. This position has flexible remote options and provides an excellent opportunity to join a company with an exciting vision. Successful candidates will play an important role in supporting our operations team, which analyzes large biomedical data sets and generates web-based reports for customers.
Your role will be divided into monitoring/maintenance and development of our current infrastructure. You need to ensure the uptime of our servers for bioinformatics analysis, the availability of sufficient available storage space, and the normal operation of our web services to provide analysis reports to customers. You also need to assist in deploying services from on-premises to the business process management development platform AWS (if needed), which will include redesigning part of the infrastructure. This role will be highly collaborative and work closely with the operations team to ensure that our system is suitable for the requirements of the rapidly evolving field of genome analysis.
Skills & Requirements
- MSc in computer-related fields.
- At least 5 years of demonstrable work experience.
- Candidates should be proficient in AWS, Terraform, VMware, and Linux management.
- Requires Windows environment experience, as well as database management (MySQL) and version control (Git) experience.
- Understand network concepts such as firewalls, public and private networks.
- Have programming experience in one or more suitable languages (such as Python, Bash).
- You will have a high level of technical skills, have a collaborative approach to problem-solving, and understand the importance of careful planning and good documentation. In addition, communication skills and self-management are very important to us.
What We Offer You
- A multifaceted job with a high sense of responsibility and a wide range of opportunities.
- A friendly working environment based on collaboration, flexibility and respect.
- Diverse and challenging jobs can help you improve your technical skills.
- In addition to offering exciting positions in our dynamic team, we are also committed to supporting the personal development of our employees, providing a supportive environment that gives you the opportunity to work in various development areas and improve your skills.
- Position: full-time
- Location: New York
CD Genomics has expanded its team of leading bioinformaticians, not only in NGS data processing, analysis, interpretation and general genomic data analysis, but also in data mining, statistical modeling, data integration, information science, database construction and management. In addition, with the development of artificial intelligence, artificial intelligence methods such as machine learning and deep learning models are used in biomedical data solutions. Our data analysis solutions involve different disease fields and omics fields. The goal of the CD Genomics professional expert team is to provide bioinformatics and data mining services for biomedical researchers in academic institutions, biotechnology, clinical facilities, and government agencies.
If you think your skills and experience meet our job requirements, please submit the online application form (we do not take applicants' phone calls).