Bioinformatics Analysis for Cardiovascular Diseases
Cardiovascular disease is the name of a group of heart and vascular diseases. Cardiovascular disease is the number one cause of death in the world: more people die from cardiovascular disease every year than any other cause. Heart attacks and strokes are usually emergencies, mainly due to blockage that prevents blood from flowing into the heart or brain. The most common reason for this is the accumulation of fat layers on the inner walls of the blood vessels supplying the heart or brain. Stroke may also be caused by bleeding from a blood vessel in the brain or a blood clot. The cause of cardiovascular disease is usually the presence of multiple risk factors, such as tobacco use, unhealthy diet and obesity, lack of physical activity and harmful use of alcohol, high blood pressure, diabetes, and hyperlipidemia. Common cardiovascular diseases include hypertension (increased blood pressure), coronary heart disease (heart attack), cerebrovascular disease (stroke), peripheral vascular disease, heart failure, rheumatic heart disease, congenital heart disease, cardiomyopathy, etc.
Application of Bioinformatics in the Research of Cardiovascular Diseases
With the wide application of high-throughput biological technology in biomedical research, the application of bioinformatics in biomedical research has become more and more extensive. In the research of cardiovascular disease, from DNA to RNA, from protein to small molecule, to the system level, the support of bioinformatics analysis technology is inseparable. Bioinformatics technology integrates database, statistics, signal processing, data mining, knowledge management, artificial intelligence and other technologies. We can use bioinformatics methods to mine and analyze more level data such as DNA, RNA, protein, drugs, and biological networks of cardiovascular disease samples, so as to provide effective data support for research on the pathological mechanism, early diagnosis, clinical classification, drug action, and personalized treatment of cardiovascular diseases.
Fig 1. A circular Manhattan plot summarizing the 1000 Genomes CAD association results. (Nikpay M, et al. 2015)
How We Can Help Your Cardiovascular Disease Research
By combining our expertise in bioinformatics analysis with our extensive knowledge in the field of cardiovascular diseases, from pre-clinical to clinical, we can provide support for your research at every stage of disease research. Our bioinformatics service can help:
- Genome-wide association analysis: mining genetic factors related to the occurrence of cardiovascular diseases.
- Meta-analysis: by integrating phenotypes and environmental or genetic factors, mining factors related to the occurrence of cardiovascular system diseases.
- Biomarker and target discovery: Identify disease markers and biomarkers used to measure drug efficacy and mechanism of action.
- Genotyping analysis: SNP genotype analysis and DNA sequence analysis are used to detect new SNPs related to disease or drug response.
- Omics data analysis: Research on the pathogenesis of cardiovascular diseases.
- Data landscaping and mining: Mining or downloading cardiovascular disease-related data from existing databases.
In addition, we will use cutting-edge analysis technology to conduct personalized analysis of data according to the customer's project analysis needs.
An Example of a Data Analysis Process
CD Genomics provides a one-stop bioinformatics data analysis service, and customers only need to provide raw data. The flowchart below shows the general steps for cardiovascular disease research meta-analysis.
As one of the experienced biological information analysis service providers, CD Genomics provides established, cost-efficient, and rapid turnaround cardiovascular disease data analysis services for biomedical researchers. For cardiovascular disease-related research, CD Genomics not only provides bioinformatics data analysis services, but can also help researchers formulate appropriate technical routes and provide related technical services according to the research purposes of the researchers. If you have any questions about the data analysis cycle, analysis content and price, please click online inquiry.
Biomedical-Bioinformatics, as a division of CD Genomics, provides researchers with high-quality personalized data analysis and chart production services. For more detailed information, such as sequencing, data landscaping and mining, or data analysis services and others chart production services, please feel free to contact us. We look forward to working with you!
- Nikpay M, et al. A comprehensive 1,000 Genomes-based genome-wide association meta-analysis of coronary artery disease[J]. Nat Genet. 2015 Oct;47(10):1121-1130.
- Zhao W, et al. Identification of new susceptibility loci for type 2 diabetes and shared etiological pathways with coronary heart disease[J]. Nat Genet. 2017 Oct;49(10):1450-1457.
* For research use only. Not for use in clinical diagnosis or treatment of humans or animals.
Please submit a detailed description of your project. Our industry-leading scientists will review the information provided as soon as possible. You can also send emails directly to for inquiries.