Bioinformatics Specialists (Genomics Direction)
CD Genomics is a bioinformatics service provider that provides data analysis, mining and integration project services for global enterprises and scientific research institutions. It aims to assist biomedical research through advanced bioinformatics data mining technology. The genomics data analysis services we provide can meet the various analysis needs of our customers. We are currently in a period of sustained and rapid growth. We are actively looking for talented and inspired bioinformatics specialists to join our R&D team to meet our rapidly expanding business demand.
As a member of the research team, Bioinformatics Specialist will play a key role in analyzing data for application demonstrations and developing next-generation processes for high-throughput analysis of genomic DNA. The main responsibility of the individual is to analyze large data sets and help write reports on these analyses. Successful candidates should be keen on mining large data sets, be open to using new data analysis methods, and work well in a team environment. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a talented and energetic team dedicated to researching new ways to understand human biology and disease.
Candidates should be self-motivated and excited about the opportunity to perform multifaceted bioinformatics functions within a growing, fast-paced biotechnology company.
- As a member of the R&D team, the main job of a bioinformatics specialist is to analyze large-scale NGS genome data.
- Build a genome-related data analysis process, develop and improve algorithms, and build a data analysis pipeline.
- Design and integrate cutting-edge bioinformatics technologies in the R&D framework. Independently design, use and improve bioinformatics tools to correctly respond to the requirements of bioinformatics analysis projects.
- Build an automated report generation system and write research reports.
- Able to work in a team, arrange project progress independently, and assist a team of laboratory scientists.
- Perform data mining from various databases, cooperate with the team, use and develop various new data analysis methods and tools.
- Complete other related tasks.
Skills & Requirements
- MSc in bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science or related disciplines, with demonstrated skills and experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry or related academic laboratories.
- At least 5 years of work experience in related fields.
- Familiar with various sequencing-related technologies, tools and databases (10X Genomics, GATK, 1000 Genome project, etc.).
- Familiar with Python, R, Linux (HPC/AWS), able to read a lot of source code, improve methods, analyze and solve problems.
- C++ experience is preferred.
- Algorithm development, especially de novo assembly-related experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in biostatistics.
- Experience in implementing machine learning and deep learning algorithms in genomics.
- Able to manage and analyze a large number of multi-omics data, and be able to manage multiple projects at the same time and manage priorities in a flexible way.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as excellent team skills and documentation skills.
- Have experience in participating in large-scale biological information analysis projects.
What We Offer You
- We offer challenging full-time (40-hour) positions in a growing high-tech company, and we work in a highly independent team.
- Diverse and challenging jobs to help improve your technical skills.
- We provide competitive remuneration in the same industry based on age, experience and work skills.
- This is a long-term position.
- A multifaceted job with a high sense of responsibility and a wide range of opportunities.
- Position: full-time
- Location: New York
CD Genomics has expanded its team of leading bioinformaticians, not only in NGS data processing, analysis, interpretation and general genomic data analysis, but also in data mining, statistical modeling, data integration, information science, database construction and management. The goal of the CD Genomics professional expert team is to provide bioinformatics and data mining services for biomedical researchers in academic institutions, biotechnology, clinical facilities, and government agencies.
If you think your skills and experience meet our job requirements, please submit the online application form (we do not take applicants' phone calls).